Economic progress has been uneven to say the least. People and the environment are still experiencing stresses even in countries with higher living standards. Could re-focussing the local economy be part of the answer? A regenerative, circular local economy includes all citizens, recirculates money to ensure thriving local businesses and it works to ensure a sustainable use of resources.
But there is a lot to learn. You could organise presentations and lectures from experts. Another way to explore the potential of revitalizing the local economy is to simply simulate the experience to see how far a group of people can come.
The 5 P workshop builds on the 5 Ps of a local economy
- Projects and Production
- Payment system and market
THE 5P WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR:
- Community groups looking to understand the potential of their local economy better
- Groups wanting to understand time banking and local currency
- Schools and colleges whose students want another way to learn about money and markets, including GNP, turnover, money supply, etc.
- Researchers who want to explore psychological aspects of markets
Participants get to learn more about how the economy economy works and particularly local markets as well as the role of money and volunteerism.
- What money is, how it is created
- Consumer or producer – understanding roles
- Why volunteerism is good for the economy
- The real function of markets
- Why money leakage should be avoided
- Why resource leakage should be avoided
- Practical understanding of money supply, GDP and growth
- How money connects to the four spheres, three elements and seven exit/entry points
HOW THE WORKSHOP IS RUN
The first part of the workshop is a practical exercise in setting up and running a local market – both formal and informal.
Participants create their own money, their own advertising and local enterprises. Price-setting and demand and supply are explored practically. This is followed by one or more reflection sessions capturing and sharing the main learnings and insights.
HOW TO ORDER
Contact us via the contact page for an offer.
Feedback from earlier workshops
- Great way to showcase what local economy is. Cristiano Bottone (Transition Italy)
- I’m stealing that! (Anonymous)
- Now I understand that money has to circulate (participant, Santorso Workshop 2017)